The copyright in this software ("the Software", "ExpertPdf") is owned by Outside Software Inc ("the Owner"). This is a license agreement between "the Owner" and "You". You may not load the Software into any computer or copy it without the license of the Owner. The Owner offers you a non-exclusive license on the terms of this Agreement.
You are permitted to:
1) load the Software and use it only on a single computer (with a single input terminal) which is under your control, unless a company license has been purchased in which case the software may be used on any number of computers;
2) transfer the Software from one computer to another provided it is used on only one computer at any one time, unless a company license has been purchased in which case the software may be used on any number of computers;
3) provided that you have purchased a Company License you may load the Software and use it on any computer which is owned by you;
4) provided that you have purchased a Company License and provided that your application is not a software development system as detailed in clause (b) below, you may distribute the Software as part of your applications;
You are not permitted:
a) to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), modify, adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Software or its associated documentation or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software.
b) to distribute any part of the Software as part of any software development system (compiler or interpreter) without the Owners express written permission.
c) except as expressly provided in this Agreement, to use, reproduce or deal in the Software in any way.
1) Developer / deployment license
A "Developer License" licenses only ONE developer to create ONE .NET application using our product. A "Developer License" must be purchased for each developer utilizing the component; alternatively, a "Company License" can be purchased which licenses all developers at one physical location. "Developer License" is not royalty free. You need to purchase an additional license for each deployment. The developer/deployment license does not include any support. You need to purchase a maintenance plan if you need support.
2) Developer / deployment license with maintenance
A "Developer License with Maintenance" licenses only ONE developer to create ONE .NET application using our product. A "Developer License with Maintenance" must be purchased for each developer utilizing the component; alternatively, a "Company License" can be purchased which licenses all developers at one physical location. "Developer License with Maintenance" is not royalty free. You need to purchase an additional license for each deployment. The developer license with maintenance includes technical support and software updates for one year.
3) Company / redistributable license
A "Company License" licenses all developers within one company at one physical location to create an unlimited number of .NET applications using ExpertPdf. If there is more than one physical location for your company, you would need to purchase the appropriate licenses for each location. "Company License" is royalty free. "Company License" includes priority email support and full major and minor version upgrades for a year.
Special renewal prices are available for existing customers in certain conditions. To qualify for a license renewal you need to purchase the renewal within 3 months of the maintenance plan expiration. Otherwise, a full license needs to be purchased.
In general we don't accept refund requests for ExpertPdf products. The reasons for this decision are:
- All of our evaluation versions are fully functional
- You can evaluate our products for an unlimited period of time
- The products are well documented and we offer fully functional samples with full source code to get started with the product
- We offer free technical and sales support by email during the evaluation period and after the product purchase
- We encourage you to completely test our products both in development and production environments to see if they entirely meet your expectations before making the purchase decision
You shall be deemed to have accepted the terms of this Agreement by loading the Software into any computer.
This license is effective until you terminate it by destroying the Software and its documentation together with all copies. It will also terminate if you fail to abide by this Agreement. Upon termination you agree to destroy all copies of the Software and its documentation including any Software stored on the hard disk of any computer under your control.
The Owner shall at all times retain ownership of the Software and all subsequent copies thereof regardless of form. This Agreement applies to the grant of the license only and not to the contract of sale of the Software. The Owner's warranties under this Agreement are available only to the original licensed user.
1) The Owner warrants that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with its accompanying documentation (provided that the Software is properly used on the computer and with the operating system for which it was designed) and that the documentation correctly describes the operation of the Software in all material respects. If the Owner is notified of significant errors during the Warranty Period it will correct any such demonstrable errors in the Software or its documentation within a reasonable time or (at its option) provide or authorize a refund of the price of the Software (against return of the Software and its documentation).
2) The above represent your sole remedies for any breach of the Owner's warranties, which are given only to the original registered user.
3) The express terms of this Agreement are in lieu of all warranties, conditions, undertakings, terms and obligations implied by statute, common law, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise all of which are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4) The Owner does not warrant that the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Software will be corrected. You shall load and use the Software at your own risk and in no event will the Owner be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind (except personal injury or death resulting from the Owner's negligence) including lost profits or other consequential loss arising from your use of or inability to use the Software or from errors or deficiencies in it whether caused by negligence or otherwise except as expressly provided herein.
5) All other warranties are disclaimed, to the extent permitted by applicable law, by the Owner and all other parties.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Also some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you. To the extent permissible, any implied warranties are limited to ninety (90) days. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction. For further warranty information, please contact the Owner.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of European Union.
If any part of this Agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.